How does this differ from the Friday Round-Up? I guess it doesn’t really, but all of this news seems rather important, so I thought I’d give it to you now. Here’s just a few stories that you may be interested in:
Wolfbrau Beer Store
- New store Opening in St. Peters near Mid Rivers Mall.
- Will have over 600 beers available for sale.
- Will do specialty samples and keg orders.
- Website: www.wolfbrau.com
- Twitter: @Wolfbrau
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/whobstpeters
Schlafly 20th Anniversary Party at Pi Delmar
- This Thursday (December 1st) from 5PM-1AM
- $3.14 Schlafly beers during the restaurant’s two happy hours, 3-6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-close.
- Over 20 Beers will be poured including:
- Pi Common
- Oak-Aged Barleywine
- American Brown Ale
- Pumpkin Ale
- Rye IPA
- Dry-Hopped APA
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Belgian Singel
- Bière de Garde
- Coffee Stout
- Christmas Ale
- Winter ESB
- Pale Ale
- Oatmeal Stout
- For more information including food pairings and musical entertainment, make sure to check out Evan Benn’s story on STL Today.
Scratch Brewing Company Opening in Southern Illinois
- Founded by local So. Illinois homebrewers Marika Josephson, Aaron Kleidon, and Ryan Tockstein.
- New brewery featuring local ingredients including nettle, elderberry, ginger, dandelion, and maple sap.
- Owners also planted 100 different hop rhizomes this past year for use in beers next year.
- Look for a fall 2012 opening.
- Website: http://scratchbeer.com/
- Facebook page.
Six Row Brewing Celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Friday Night (December 2nd starting at 5PM)
- 2nd Anniversary Beer, Killer Whale
- First of two Baumann’s Bacon Porter Casks
- Reserved kegs of the Centennial Rye and Black IPA
- Saturday (December 3rd at 10AM)
- Cask of Chocolate Milk Breakfast Porter
- Last 6th barrel of Cream Ale
- Saturday (December 3rd at 3PM)
- Second cask of Baumann’s Bacon Porter.
- Small batch of Belgian Double IPA
- Check out the Six Row Blog for more information including live entertainment.
Your news has now been shotgunned, I’d say you’re about four beers deep at this point.