For those of you not following the STL Hops Twitter feed, you’ll be happy to hear that O’Fallon Brewery is announcing some new additions to their current beer line-up. First up is the O’Fallon Brewers Stash series:
O’Fallon Brewers Stash
The name of this series came about because every brewery has a small stash of beer that was brewed by and given to the brewers. Usually it’s a big collection of great beer and this your peek into that collection.
- Seasonal Releases
- Sold in 4 packs
- First up is O’Fallon Wee Heavy Scotch Ale
- Draught should be available in a couple of weeks.
- May or may not be same beer from year to year.
Next is the biggest news from O’Fallon, a new year-round addition to their regular line up:
Hemp-Hop-Rye Amber Ale
This beer was originally created in October 2009 as a new everyday selection to the current year-round line up. O’Fallon co-owner Tony Caradonna didn’t want to re-invent the wheel when coming up with a new product, but was looking to do something different.
After working with the TTB to get approval, they brewed the first batch of beer at the O’Fallon location for draught sales. Toasted Hemp Seeds are added right to the mash. The hemp will make up about 5% of the total grist.
- 5.5%ABV with a color of 11 SRM
- Hops: Summit – Bittering, German Hallertau – Flavor, Cascade – Aroma
- Should see draught in about 3 to 4 weeks.
- Bottles should be available over the next few months.
The last big announcement is that we’ll begin seeing O’Fallon Wheach sold in 12-pack cans starting this spring. With the exception of the Wheach can label below, it’s important to remember that all of the packaging you see below is still unregistered and could change.