Sunday morning in Denver. Irene had to attend conferences and talks all day, which means I was free to roam. I decided to hit up Avery Brewing and Oskar Blues.
Since starting this blog, one of the most frequent questions is, “How much free beer do you get?” The answer surprises a lot of people, because I don’t get that much. I didn’t start this blog to get free beer, though it’s always appreciated when I get it.
What I do get is the opportunity to do a lot of stuff that many people don’t get to do. Like for instance, stand on top of one of the fermentation tanks at Avery. Make sure to check out the panoramic photo below.
- GPS is a godsend.
- Avery is tucked back in a little industrial park, if you didn’t know where to look you wouldn’t find it.
- If I’m not mistaken, Avery is on schedule to do 15,000bbls this year.
- Alex from Avery is a cool chick. Thanks to Adam Avery for hooking me up with an awesome tour.
- Oskar Blues is huge. Way, way bigger than I was expecting.
- OB is on schedule to do 30,000bbls this year. Just to put that into perspective, Schlafly is on schedule to do the same amount.
- Sometimes it pays to be in the right place at the right time. Just as I was leaving Avery I met one of the brewers from OB and he hooked me up. They basically let me roam the Oskar Blues production facility all by myself.
- Oskar, come to St. Louis soon!