For all of you hop heads out there, you know this is a very special time of the year, it’s hop harvesting time. It’s the time when breweries begin receiving their 2013 hop crop and begin producing some of the best fresh hop beers available.
To help celebrate that time, Schlafly has decided to put on the fifth annual Fresh Hop Ale Festival. This festival will be occurring this Saturday, October 26th from 12PM-4PM at the Schlafly Bottleworks and tickets will cost $25 ($26 online) in advance ($30, day of.)
The participating breweries purchased a bulk amount of fresh hops, which will the be used to create their own freshly hopped creation. Here’s the currently list of participating breweries:
- Schlafly Beer – Hop Harvest Ale
- Urban Chestnut – Urban Blacktop
- Crown Valley Brewery – Missouri Black River IPA
- Kirkwood Station Brewing – Black Rye IPA
- Six Row Brewing Company – Fresh-Hop Red IPA
- Square One Brewery & Distillery – Hop Harvest IPA
As this will be held in a format similar to Cabin Fever, tickets will be limited and this is sure to sell out fast. You can purchase tickets here. Watch out for a contest tomorrow on Twitter tomorrow to give away two tickets to the festival.