Who’s ready for some Christmas? Eh? Eh? Well I know what I’m ready for, Festivus. Tonight we’ll be airing our grievances and then come the feats of strength. It’ll be a lot of eating, drinking and yelling. If that’s not what the holidays are all about, I don’t know what is.
Stuff from around the web
- Anheuser-Busch is going to begin distributing beer from Starr Hill Brewery.
- KC Beer Blog expresses his love for Saisons.
- The Economist looks at how the hop shortages are affecting smaller breweries, in this case O’Fallon Brewery.
- I need to get to be friends with this guy fast, that’s my kind of party.
Beer Releases and News
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- O’Fallon Brewery – Chocolate Cherry
- Paul also informed me that after a 97 year wait, the “real” Absinthe is back. Absinthe with the wormwood. So if you’re looking to see the green fairy, nows your chance. He also informs me that his XMas beers are on sale for the holiday.
- Jerad from Piasa Winery let’s me know about some beer beers he has to offer you:
- Lagunitas – Lumpy Gravy
- August Schell Brewing Co – Snowstorm
- Boulder Beer Company – MOJO
- Brouwerij Huyghe – Delirium Noel
- Victory Brewing – Hop Devil
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events:
- Dec 26 – Schlafly 16th Anniversary Party
- Jan 19 – Cabin Fever: Schlafly Winter Beer Festival
- Jan 19 – Beer Tasting at Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar
Sorry for the short Round Up, not much got released and not much going on. Everyone must be preparing for the holidays. Make sure you have a safe and wonderful holiday and luckily if it’s not wonderful there’s always good beer that can be had.