We have a lot of new readers to STL Hops, welcome to you all. This is the Friday Round-Up, a place for me to post some of the cool stuff I’ve found throughout the week along with new beers and beer events in the St. Louis area.
A couple of firsts for me tonight. For the first time ever, my homebrew will be judged in a competition. After some good compliments at Mondays St. Louis Brews meeting I’m hoping to get some decent scores and some decent input. The other first for me tonight is that this will be my first time judging a competition as well. I’ve got some excellent judges by my side, so I hope I don’t fumble too much. Enough of my blathering, on to the Round-Up:
Stuff from around the web
- The history of the Kegerator provides some interesting history of St. Louis brewing.
- Anheuser-Busch is using its Michelob brand to battle craft brews.
- STL Hops and Washington University are looking to improve your love life: Beer helps you get laid.
- How did you celebrate the REAL anniversary of prohibition?
Beer Releases and News
- Andrew from Bon Vivant Wines sent me this last weekend of beers he has in his stock. Give him a call to see if they’re all still there:
- Ommegang – Chocolate Indulgence Stout
- Dogfish Head – 60 min IPA
- Dogfish Head – Chicory Stout
- Anderson Valley Brewing Co. – Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
- New Holland – The Poet Stout
- Allagash Brewing Company – Allagash White
- Allagash Brewing Company – Allagash Grand Cru Reserve
- Avery Brewing Company – The Reverend
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- Brouwerij Van den Bossche – Pater Lieven (Kerst Pater Special) Christmas
- Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck – Brigand Belgian Ale
- Charleville Vineyard – Charleville Tornado Alley Amber Ale
- Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg – Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier Helles
- Paul also informed me that they’ll be tasting Kerst Pater, La Chouffe Golden Ale, Delirium Noel, Brigand and Great Divide Titan IPA on Saturday between 11AM and 3PM.
- Chris at Randall’s Wine & Spirits in St. Louis alerts me to some new beers sets he has in stock, just in time for the holiday season:
- Brouwerij Het Anker – Gouden Carolus Noel (4-pack)
- Carlsberg Sverige – D. Carnegie & Co. Stark Porter
- Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg – Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Bier Helles (4-pack)
- Greisediek Brothers Brewery – Golden Pilsner (6-pack)
- Abbaye de Leffe S.A. – Leffe Blonde (6-pack)
- Anheuser-Busch – Shock Top Belgian White (Formerly Spring Heat Spiced Wheat) (6-pack)
- Chris is also expecting these beers in today at the Fairview Heights Randall’s:
- Dubuisson – Bush de Noël (Scaldis Noel) (750ml)
- Goose Island Brewery – Imperial IPA (4-pack)
- Goose Island Brewery – Bourbon County Stout (4-pack)
- Goose Island Brewery – Christmas (6-pack)
- Pyramid Breweries – Snow Cap (6-pack)
- Unibroue – Terrible (750ml)
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events: