Well the weekend is almost upon us, so that means it’s time for the STL Hops Round-Up.
- Mike at Hoosier Beer Geek alerted me to an interview he did with Mitch Turner from St. Louis Brewery. It’s good stuff, be sure to check it out.
- Dan checks in with an article about cask beer in the New York Times. As some of you may know I’m completely obsessed with the cask O’Fallon 5 Day IPA. If you want to try it I would suggest heading down to Iron Barley and giving it a shot.
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- Ridgeway Brewing – Bad Elf
- Ridgeway Brewing – Seriously Bad Elf
- Ridgeway Brewing – Very Bad Elf
- Ridgeway Brewing – Santas Butt
- Cropton Brewery – Rudolphs Revenge
- Wychwood Brewery Company – Bah Humbug
- Brouwerij Huyghe – Delirium Noel
- Harvey & Son Ltd – Harveys Christmas Ale
- Microbrouwerij Achilles – Serafijn Christmas Angel
- O’Fallon Brewery – Goat’s Breath Bock Ale
- ODells Brewery – Extra Red Ale
- Lukas Liquor also has a new few beers in stock:
- Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck – Kasteelbier Donker
- St. Bernard Brouwerij – St. Bernardus Christmas Ale
- Sierra Nevada Brewery – Harvest Fresh Hop Ale
- St. Louis Brewery – Schlafly Winter ESB
- St. Louis Brewery – Schlafly Coffee Stout
- Schlafly’s ESB is also available at the Bottleworks. I saw it the other night while at the Maplewood Farmers’ Market.
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events:
- Oct 26 – Beer tasting at Randall’s Wine & Spirits
- Oct 26 – Halloween Beer Tasting at Provisions
- Oct 27 – Beer and Wine Tasting at Wine and Cheese Place
- Oct 31 – Cicero’s Beer School
- Nov 3 – Teach a friend to Homebrew Day
- Nov 12 – Autumn Beer Dinner at Duff’s
Well you’re now all round-up. Next week is going to be pretty exiciting at STLHops. I’ll have a write up about last night’s beer dinner at Mangia Italiano and an interview with Dave Johnson from O’Fallon Brewery for starters. So be sure to come back all next week to check it out. In the meantime drink some good beer this weekend.