I’ve been getting more and more comments on the blog, welcome to everyone. I appreciate people stopping in and saying “hi.” I’d ask that you please feel free to participate as well, I’d really like to have a lot of discussion and discourse about the St. Louis beer scene.
And with that, how about a little round-up?
- Andrew at Bon Vivant Wines lets me know they just received the Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale. All of you hopheads should make your way over and pick it up.
- While this has nothing to do with St. Louis, I thought I should point it out because it sounds like it could be really, really amazing.
- Lukas Liquor has a bunch of new beers in, including Schlafly’s Biere de Garde.
- Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale
- Schlafly Biere de Garde (750 ml bottles)
- Monchshof Weihnachts Festbier (5.0 l mini kegs)
- Achilles Serafijn Christmas Angel
- DeProef Kerstmutske Christmas Nightcap
- Ridgeway Santa’s Butt Winter Porter
- Ridgeway Very Bad Elf Special Reserve Ale
- Ridgeway Seriously Bad Elf English Double Ale
- If you missed it on Monday, Paul from The Wine and Cheese Place has informed me of one new beer and two new seasonals they have in.
- Buffalo Belgian Stout – Brouwerij Van den Bossch
- Best Brown Ale – Bell’s Brewery
- 2 Below – New Belgium Brewery
- I know I mentioned this just a few days ago, but I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t really push this. There will be a Beer Dinner featuring beers from Bell’s Brewery at Mangio Italiano on Thursday October 25th. I’ve also found the menu thanks to 52nd City:
- Roasted beets (tossed with herb goat cheese and beet reduction) with Bell’s Winter Wheat
- Seared sea scallops (over butternut soup) & Amber Ale
- Pan-fried pork medallions (w/ braised apples and greens) & Pale Ale
- Smoked chicken tortellini (w/ black mole sauce) & Porter
- Beef stew (w/ caramelized onions and spaetzle) & Kalamazoo Stout
- Brown sugar and almond bread pudding (w/ housemade ice cream) & Cherry Stout
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events:
- Oct 20 – Dierbergs Cooking School event featuring O’Fallon Brewery
- Oct 25 – Bell’s Beer Dinner
- Oct 26 – Beer tasting at Randall’s Wine & Spirits
- Oct 26 – Halloween Beer Tasting at Provisions
- Oct 31 – Cicero’s Beer School
If you have any events, new beers or specials you want listed, feel free to drop me a line. Have a good weekend everyone.