Whew, sorry about the late update but it’s been a crazy week at work. This is shaping up to be quite the weekend if you’re a beer enthusiast. If you’re really lucky this weekend you’re at the Great American Beer Festival featuring over 1600 different beers from over 380 American breweries.
If you can’t seem to make it out to Denver well you’re still in luck, this weekend in the metro area we have the Washington Beer Festival, the Granite City Beer Festival and the Fall Harvest Festival featuring Schlafly. Unfortunately if you’re unlucky like me, you’re unable to attend anything. So if you do happen to attend any of these festivals, please drop me some pictures and your thoughts on the festivals, I’d love to get them up on the blog for everyone who couldn’t attend (like me.)
On the plus side, I was fortunate enough to help out bottling some of Schlafly’s 2007 Wood-Aged Imperial Stout. I’ll have a nice long post about that next week with plenty of pictures. Here’s a small sample:
Quick info for you:
- Mark has informed me that Robin’s Beak Brewery and Bistro is having a pre-opening Oktoberfest this weekend (10/12-10/13) and next weekend (10/18-10/20). I can’t find much information about this brewery online, so I may have to check it out for myself unless someone can get me some info sooner.
- O’Fallon Brewery is out at GABF this weekend, let’s hope they can come home with some medals.
- Speaking of O’Fallon, Dierbergs and O’Fallon Brewery will be hosting a Cooking School event that will feature food and beer pairings. Most exciting of all is the fact that if you attend you’ll be the first to try their new Goat’s Breath Bock Ale.
- Stephen from Schlafly informed me yesterday that we’ll be seeing Biere de Garde in a couple of more weeks and the 07 Barley Wine and Imperial Stout in mid to late November. Sounds like a perfect time for big beers.
- Cicero’s received an interested little write-up in the Post Dispatch this week.
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events:
- Oct 13 – Washington Beer Festival
- Oct 13 – Granite City Craft Beer Festival
- Oct 14 – Fall Harvest Festival featuring Schlafly Beers
- Oct 17 – Octobeerfest at Whole Foods
- Oct 20 – Dierbergs Cooking School event featuring O’Fallon Brewery
It’s now drinking weather, so get out with some friends and enjoy it.