Well, it’s Hop in the City Eve. I don’t think that’s a real holiday, but I think we should lobby for it to be. Unfortunately I won’t be live-blogging the event as I’ve decided I just want to hang out and enjoy it. I’ll make sure to have lots of pictures and a nice recap for those who can’t attend though.
Kind of a quiet week as far as new releases. Here’s the Round-Up:
Stuff from around the web
- Schlafly and O’Fallon are expanding!
- Tin Can Tavern is opening a spot in Columbia.
- Review of Pi pizza (and beer).
- AB makes changes to Michelob. (When is Ultra getting a name change?)
- A review of Budweiser American Ale.
- Hop harvest is here and so are the fresh hop beers.
- Beer Philosopher is loves talking local.
Retail Beer Releases
- Andrew from Bon Vivant Wines informs me to some beers he has in his stock:
- Capital Oktoberfest
- Dogfish Head Punkin
- Moylan’s Moylander Double IPA
- Victory Festbier
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- Schlafly APA (bottled 9/4/08)
- Schlafly Hefeweizen (bottle 9/3/08)
- Scott from Corral Liqours informs me to some beers he has in his stock:
- Dogfish Punkin
- Atwater Blocktoberfest
- Clipper City Oxford Organic Raspberry Wheat
- Mad River Steelhead Double IPA
- Mad River Steelhead Jamaican Sunset IPA
- Mad River Steelhead Jamaican Red
- Fantome Saison
- Cantillon Kriek
- Lukas Liquor posts on their blog some of the new and special selections they have in stock:
- Mendicino Octoberfest
- He’brew Coney Island Freaktoberfest
- Southern Tier Oat
Local Restaurant Draught Lists
- Jerad Gardner, of the Rotten Apple lets me know about his most current draught selection. If you haven’t been to the Rotten Apple, take the time to visit:
- Founder’s Brewing – Rubaeus
- Founder’s Brewing – Dry Hopped Pale Ale
- Lagunitas Brewing – Gnarly Wine
- Avery Brewing – Maharaja Imperial IPA
- Lagunitas Brewing – IPA
- Jever Brewing – Pilsener
- Lefthand Brewing – Black Jack Porter
- Founders Brewing – Breakfast Stout
- Avery Brewing – Ale to the Chief
- Lagunitas Brewing – Censored Copper Ale
- Dogfish Head Brewing – India Brown Ale
- Stag – Always $1
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events: