The dog days of summer may be upon us, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t still enjoy beer. I think I’m going to try and make it up to the Rotten Apple and try some of the delicious draught beers listed in this week’s Round-Up. Do you have some beer related plans this weekend?
Stuff from around the web
- I totally dropped the ball on this, luckily Dave picked it up.
- The Post-Dispatch talks about IPAs and Cicero’s Beer School.
- The Brewers Heritage Festival made a complete mess of Forrest Park, but it’s getting back in shape.
- If you were concerned about the rice crop due to the InBev/AB deal, have no fear.
- Beer vending machines? When can I put in a couple of quarters and get a draught pint
Beer Releases and News
- Andy from Whole Foods let’s us know about some new beer he has in his stock (and remember if you don’t see it on the shelf, be sure to ask for it):
- Avery – Sameals Oak Aged Ale 12oz
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- BFM La Meule Swiss Golden Ale
- De Glazen Toren Saison d’Erpe – Mere
- Professor Briem 13th Century Grut Beer
- Avery Samaels Oak Aged Ale
- Miller Genuine Draft Light “64”
- Jerad Gardner, of the Rotten Apple lets me know about his most current draught selection. If you haven’t been to the Rotten Apple, take the time to visit:
- Lagunitas Brewing Lucky 13
- Two Brothers Domaine DuPage
- Lagunitas Gnarly Wine
- Left Hand Brewing Chainsaw
- Dogfish Head Brewing – 90 min IPA
- Shelby Durham at Lukas Liquor posts on their blog some of the new and special selections they have in stock:
- Avery Karma
- Avery 14’ER ESB
- Avery Redpoint Amber
- Avery Samael’s Ale
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events: