We’re almost a 1/3 of the way through the year already. Crazy. On the plus side, the weather has been gorgeous as of recent which always makes for some fun outdoor drinking. Here’s your Round-Up:
Stuff from around the web
- Local boy brews beer at Harvard.
- Hops and barley prices are once again rearing their ugly heads.
- The Wall Street Journal was hoping that Anheuser-Busch’s push into the craft market would help their bottom line. Unfortunately, it didn’t.
- Speaking of problems for AB, what do you do when your rival starts a blog?
- The Beer Evangelists review Schlafly Bière De Garde.
Beer Releases and News
- Joe Billhartz of Specialty Import Distributing Co. let me know of some beer over in Illinois. Contact your favorite beer store to see if these are available:
- Boulder Brewing Sweaty Betty
- Pyramid Curve Ball Kolsch
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- Caracole Amber 25oz
- Dark Island Pints
- Ettaler Kloster Dunkel Pints
- Fiddlers Elbow
- Flag Porter
- Harviestoun Old Enging Oil
- Harviestoun Bitter Twisted
- Kulmbacher Eisboch
- Butte Creek Organic IPA
- Radeberger Pilsner
- Ric at Sybergs on Gravois alerts me to some new beers he’s carrying for your drinking enjoyment:
- Southern Tier Hoppe
- Southern Tier Unearthly
- Southern Tier Big Red
- Ommegang – Hennepin
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events: