I guess if you’re looking for an excuse to drink beer (though I never need one) St. Patty’s Day weekend is as good any. I personally have a beer filled weekend. First we’ll be visiting the best beer restaurant in the metro area, Erato on Main, this evening for dinner. Then we’ll celebrate Matt from Goshen Coffee’s birthday on Saturday (beer will be in hand at all times). And I’ll be brewing an American Pilsner this Sunday, it’ll be my first shot at a lager. Whew, busy stuff. Now, on to the Round-Up:
Stuff from around the web
- The Post-Dispatch gets you in the mood for the festive weekend with appropriate beers.
- If you’re in Indiana and craving a Schlafly, Hoosier Beer Blog points you to the right place.
- Bill has Beer Madness.
- Beer and Wine Tours’ talks about one of their favorite tours, the Anheuser-Busch Tour.
- If you’re going to drink beer on St. Paddy’s Day, drink from small batches.
- William from Year of Beer tries out Schlafly’s Winter ESB.
- Beertastic reviews Shock Top Belgian White.
Beer Releases and News
- Andrew from Bon Vivant Wines informs me to some new beers he has in his stock:
- Brasserie Fantôme – Fantôme Saison
- Paul at The Wine and Cheese Place in Clayton alerts me to some new beers he has in stock:
- Arcadia Brewing Company – Arcadia Spring Seasonal Bock Beer
- Arcadia Brewing Company – Cocoa Loco
- Arcadia Brewing Company – Arcadia Angler’s Ale
- Boston Brewing Company – Sam Adams Summer Ale
- Coors Brewing Company – Blue Moon Summer Honey
- Anheuser-Busch Brewing – Land Shark Lager
- Mike Cherre, Beer Consultant at Lukas Liquor posts on their blog some of the new selections they have in stock:
- Irish Bulmers Ltd – Magner’s Original Irish Cider
- St. Louis Brewery – Schlafly Beer de Garde
Here’s a list of upcoming beer events: